[Linphone-developers] ortp gettimeofday port for wince

From: nikita
Subject: [Linphone-developers] ortp gettimeofday port for wince
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 15:44:03 +0100

Hello,

I have an application running under wince that use oRTP and I think that
I have found a little bug on that platform.

In port.c, for wince, the function gettimeofday is implemented using
GetTickCount() which returns the number of milliseconds since the device
booted (cf : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms885645.aspx );
and because of that we will have an incorrect implementation of
gettimeofday.

I propose to use the same gettimeofday code than for WIN32 and just
replace GetSystemTimeAsFileTime by GetCurrentFT
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa451027.aspx).

I have tested it in my application and it's working but I don't know if
there are some serious performance or precision drawbacks which will make it
unusable?

By the way, rtcp ntp_msw (at least) is incorrect in wince if it's not fixed.

Regards,

-- Nikita Kozlov