[Linphone-developers] Re: Linphone-developers Digest, Vol 94, Issue 21

From: Ferit Bilgin
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Re: Linphone-developers Digest, Vol 94, Issue 21
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 22:05:18 +0200

Any idea about this question?

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 15:33:02 +0200
From: Ferit Bilgin <address@hidden>
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Linphone-iphone Rebase problem...
To: address@hidden

Hi all,

I want to ask about the rebase operation in git. I am not familiar with git
and the documents I found from internet are including several stuff with
several options and I cant make sure which one to use.

Here is what I tried before writing to this list:

I tried to run rebase command but it keeps saying that the stream is up to
date (I tried both remotes/origin/master and master itself). But I can see
the updates from the version tree of the main branch.
I tried to run pull method in linphone-iphone folder which worked fine for
that project but when it came to build,  xcode was giving an error and
saying that it cannot find some references. This is probably because the
inner projects and externals are not updated. I don't know if there is a way
to pull everything recursively but I couldn't find a working method. I tried
to set options, -s, -x, etc.
I went through all the inner projects and tried to pull their changes
manually but this made things even more complex. I also had some conflicts
in some classes that I even didn't touch (maybe linphone-iphone developers
had done some fixes there and this is the reason for the conflict). I
resolved the conflicts but still cannot build successfully.

When we making a clone operation, we also provide a --recursive parameter
which I believe downloads inner projects from the repositories. But I cannot
do the same for rebase, pull, etc.

What is the common way of getting updates done in the main branch?

Thanks..