[Linphone-developers] Adding half-duplex preemptive operation option to

From: Pedro Sanchez
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Adding half-duplex preemptive operation option to Linphone
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 12:07:27 -0400

Hello,

We'd like to use linphone in an application that requires a half-duplex preemptive operation mode to be available. By preemptive I mean that active *voice* audio originating from the remote end of the connection and detected as such locally will always enforce muting of the local linphone client. Local linphone audio can only be delivered to the remote end as long as no incoming *voice* audio is detected.

Would anyone be willing to provide me with some guidelines on how modify linphone to implement this feature? I'm only interested in the core changes, I guess in the media streaming side of things, so that linphone in console mode (linphonec) can use it. Supporting this operation from the GUI front end is out of scope for me.

Thanks,

--
Pedro