Re: [Linphone-developers] android video on NVIDIA tegra

From: Martin Hörlin
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] android video on NVIDIA tegra
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 17:11:49 +0200

Hello,

Any progress on getting video working on NVIDIA Tegra?
I have a Samsung Tab 10.1' and could help with some testing if needed.

Best Regards
Martin

Jehan Monnier skrev 2011-07-06 10:17:
Hi,

Le 20 juin 2011 à 20:51, Jesse Pfeister a écrit :

Greetings. I am working on getting linphone video working on the NVIDIA Tegra
processor. Here is a summary of what I have found so far:

1. Tegra is armv7-a but does not support optional NEON SIMD instructions.

2. Linphone's code has lots of neon specific goodies written into it (which
means compiling the current implementation of linphone for Tegra is impossible)
Not a lot actually, only in scaler.c and msresampler.c.
3. A guy used an old video codec (H263-1998) to get video working in the
ddPhoneVideo/smsVideo apps

Are there any resources regarding adding codecs to linphone? I've been browsing
docs and mailing lists to no avail.
Have a look to videoenc.c.
What I suspect after reading the code: NEON is in the anatomy of linphone's
video system and cannot easily be replaced by a simple codec switch.
You are too pessimistic, have a look to msresampler.c, you can see that neon
code is deactivate at runtime. You just have to perform the same on scaler.c

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Cheers

(And yes, I know the real solution is to target a non-Tegra platform :-P )