[Linphone-developers] [possible bug] Sip Parse Error using TCP

From: Pablo de Haro
Subject: [Linphone-developers] [possible bug] Sip Parse Error using TCP
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 12:15:38 -0300

Hello,

I am trying to use Linphone for Android. I downloaded the code from the repository at: git://git.linphone.org/linphone-android.git

I compiled the application and made it work over UDP, but when I switched transport protocol to TCP, outgoing audio stopped working (I could hear but not talk) and the call dropped after 30 seconds or so.

And I get this error on the log:
01-26 11:44:43.264: E/mediastreamer(14176): Received message from <ip-hidden>:5060:
01-26 11:44:43.264: E/mediastreamer(14176): Could not parse start line of message.
01-26 11:44:43.264: E/mediastreamer(14176): could not parse message

I'm attaching the complete log.

The interesting thing is that this error does not happen on the Android Market version.

I tried using the compiled native libraries (*.so) of the market's version, and after some tunning on the JNI java classes, got it working over TCP. This means the problem must be in some changes between the last release on the market, and the current version on the repository, and only on the native libraries.

I was wondering if there is an easy way of getting the same code that was used for the Android Market's version. I browsed the git repository, and found a Tag for version 1.2.2, but that was on the android app, not on the linked repositories (like exosip, osip, etc).

Thanks in advance!

Pablo de Haro