Re: [Linphone-developers] New linphone/iOS rarely mentions public IP in

From: Ghislain Mary
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] New linphone/iOS rarely mentions public IP in SDP
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 14:34:40 +0100

Hi Rick,

ICE will list in the SDP the local addresses and some server-reflexive addresses obtained via STUN binding requests sent to a STUN server. You can use stun.linphone.org as the STUN server.
However, our ICE implementation is not full in the sense that it does not implement the TURN part to request relay of RTP packets. But if you get responses from the STUN server, you should at least see your public IP address as an ICE candidate in the SDP. You should also see the fields ice-pwd and ice-ufrag in the SDP when ICE is activated. That is not the case in the INVITE message you provided.
It is also recommended to use SIP over TCP or TLS when using ICE since the SIP messages can become quite big and not fit in a UDP datagram anymore.

Cheers,
Ghislain