[Linphone-developers] Payload types mess

From: Max Kershengolts
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Payload types mess
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 17:28:15 +0300

Hi All

I'm trying to make the iOS linphone sources work with my Asterisk server, and got stuck with the following problem:

I select the same codec (h264) on 2 different clients, but for some reason they assigned different payload type numbers for those codecs (99 on device A and 102 on device B).

This is no problem when I use sip2sip.info server, but when I start using my own Asterisk server the video runs very slow and multiple error messages appear in the log:
Receiving packet with unknown payload type 102 - for device A, and
Receiving packet with unknown payload type 99 - for device B

What's the difference between my server and sip2sip settings which causes this error?

Or maybe I should make some additional setting in iOS app?

Any help is appreciated.

--
Max Kershengolts