I know that and I used to do the same for older android versions of linphone. Even
though, I change the custom_rules.xml and try to upload to play, it shows org.linphone package already exist. Which means, the custom_rules package name is not accepting properly.
Anyway, this could be an issue with the current version. Even though I
couldn't find the exact reason. I found a work around. I tried to rename the package
name of old version of linphone. Eclipse will show a list of files where it will change the package name. I changed those files manually in new version.
On Wednesday, December 4, 2013 12:29 PM, Sylvain Berfini
You are not supposed to change the package name from eclipse. There is a property in the custom_rules.xml file that defines the compiled application package name. Just change it here.
It is explained in the README.