[Linphone-developers] bug in linphone_core_lookup_known_proxy

From: Eli Burke
Subject: [Linphone-developers] bug in linphone_core_lookup_known_proxy
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 12:30:01 -0400

I believe that some of the recent changes to add user registration introduced a bug in linphonecore.c : linphone_core_lookup_known_proxy()

Of course, bug is in the eye of the beholder; maybe the new way is “as intended”, so I didn’t create a patch.

At any rate:  commit f5db8bf on March 3rd removed the line
else found_cfg=default_cfg;

As a result, if no proxy is found with a matching domain name, a NULL proxy is returned. The old behavior would always fall back on the default proxy, and could be restored with:
else if (!found_cfg) found_cfg = default_cfg;

There is another inconsequential bug in linphonecore.c : linphone_core_invite_address_with_params() on line 2787:
linphone_core_get_default_proxy(lc,&proxy);

real_url=linphone_address_as_string(addr);
proxy=linphone_core_lookup_known_proxy(lc,addr);

“proxy” is set and then overwritten without being used. I suspect the call to linphone_core_get_default_proxy()  is orphan code that can be removed.

-Eli