[Linphone-developers] Weird Tap Position in Landscape Mode in iOS 8 When

From: powerqian
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Weird Tap Position in Landscape Mode in iOS 8 When Build and Run using Xcode 6
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2014 21:05:38 -0700 (MST)

Hi,

Recently after upgraded to iOS 8 and using Xcode 6, I found a issue that
during call, in landscape mode, all the tap near home button will be
relocated to other place.

For example, during video call, rotate to landscape mode, with home button
at left side. Show dial pad. Now pressing anything on the left hand side,
the App will recognise it as pressing on keypad. If you press on "Micro"
button, it will actually recognise as pressing on "Hangup" button. With this
weird behaviour, users can switch camera during video call, can't hold the
call, and can't mute the call.

If you rotate the phone to another landscape mode where home button is on
the right side, then the situation is happened on the right side, which
cause the keypad, speaker, and option not able to press.

In iOS 8, all the rotation methods are deprecated, and the
UIInterfaceOrientation has a new value UIInterfaceOrientationUnknown. I
modified some code in UICompositeViewController's setOrientation: method but
with no luck.

Meanwhile, more importantly, I think this bug will only occur if you build
and run the app using Xcode 6. I tried to download the Linphone from App
Store in iOS 8, there's no this kind of situation. It's really weird.

Any idea that what might cause the problem?