Re: [Linphone-developers] Implement iOS Background Mode for incoming cal

From: Luis Soltero
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Implement iOS Background Mode for incoming call
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2014 06:42:45 -0400

you need to set transport to TCP in settings.  You need to make sure your pbx
is configured to accept TCP connections.
Astersik by default only accepts udp so you need to add

tcpenable=yes                   ; Enable server for incoming TCP connections
(default is no)
transport=tcp,udp               ; support both tcp and udp connections from peer

to your sip.conf

--luis

On 10/1/14, 5:56 AM, Xaree wrote:
> According to the official documents for iOS development
> (http://www.linphone.org/docs/liblinphone/group__IOS.html):
> "liblinphone automatically configures SIP socket for voip".
>
> I don't know how to check whether the linphone uses TCP socket. Any idea?
>

> Xaree
>

> Luis Soltero 於 10/1/14 16:17 寫道:
>> Note that receive calls in background mode on iOS you must use TCP and not
>> UDP.
>>
>> --luis
>>
>> On 10/1/14, 4:05 AM, Xaree wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>

>>> I use Linphone C API to write an iOS VoIP app. After I did add some code
>>> for background mode, it still can't receive
>>> incoming call in background. I'm not sure what the problem is. Hope someone
>>> can provide hints for me.
>>>
>>> I did the following jobs from the official docs
>>> (http://www.linphone.org/docs/liblinphone/group__IOS.html) for the
>>> background mode in iOS:
>>>
>>> 1. add `voip` and `audio` value in the .plist for background mode.
>>> 2. refresh register and call `-setKeepAliveTimeout:handler:` in
>>> UIApplicationDelegate method
>>> `-applicationDidEnterBackground:`.
>>>
>>> Did I miss something?
>>>
>>> Is there any minimal example to implement the background incoming call (not
>>> the big linphone-iphone project)?
>>>
>>> I don't understand how the official linphone-iphone project implements the
>>> background incoming call. After removing
>>> the `-setKeepAliveTimeout:handler:` implementation, the official
>>> linphone-iphone app still can receive the background
>>> incoming call.
>>>

>>> Best regards,
>>> Xaree

Luis Soltero, Ph.D., MCS