[Linphone-developers] Feature request: Selecting PulseAudio devices dire

From: address@hidden
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Feature request: Selecting PulseAudio devices directly
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 15:23:18 +0200

Hallo everyone,

in Linphone for Linux it is impossible to select different PulseAudio
devices as Ring and Playback device:
The only option available for PulseAudio devices is
"PulseAudio: default"
in the Multimedia dialog of Linphone.
If I select this for Ring and Playback device, and then choose a device
via pavucontrol, it affects both, Ring and Playback device.
But I can not have 2 different devices.

I have a headset connected via an USB sound adapter, and I need this
headset as Playback device, and the internal sound card as Ring device,
both using PulseAudio, not ALSA.

Other Linux programs like "Ekiga" or "VLC" have options to select the
different PulseAudio devices directly. There is no need to use tools
like pavucontrol.
For example, in Ekiga one can choose one PulseAudio device for ringing
and a different PulseAudio device for playback.

This would be a very practical feature in Linphone.
This way it would be easy possible to have different devices for
playback and ringing in Linphone using PulseAudio only.

with kind regards,

Juergen Heinrich