[Linphone-developers] Switch IP when DNS switched the IP address

From: Tony Nguyen
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Switch IP when DNS switched the IP address
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 14:31:44 +0000

Hello all, I am using liblinphone, and I have a scenario where the client registered to an Asterisk server through a DNS server with a url. When the DNS server switch the IP address associate with the url to a different IP (different server), and the previous server is still online, linphone simply does not switch automatically. So, I unregister and re-register (using the same url), but the linphone still using the old server!? I have to completely destroy the linphone core, and re-register in order for it  to register with the new server.

Is this the normal behavior of linphone? Is there any way to get around it?

(at the present time I have to manually resolve and remember it the IP address at the register time, and periodically check for any change in IP address from the DNS. When there is, I unregister, then destroy the core, create it again, and re-register)

Thanks