[Linphone-developers] linphone audio not working on raspberry pi

From: Andreas De Stefani
Subject: [Linphone-developers] linphone audio not working on raspberry pi
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2016 21:35:50 +0200

Hi,

i am using linphone on a raspberry pi with python, i followed the steps you have on the website and also the security_camera.py script from Leland Green. I got video working fine but I am having trouble with the audio.

I have a USB microphone attached to the pi and

arecord -l

shows it correctly:

`**** List of CAPTURE Hardware Devices ****

card 1: Device [USB PnP Sound Device], device 0: USB Audio [USB Audio]

Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0`

i can also record audio using arecord.

i have set the core.capture_device, however it seems that linphone doesn't recognize it properly. I checked the logs and found the following:

WARNING: no card with id ALSA: USB PnP Sound Device

somehow it doesn't seem to find the card.
I cannot hear anything both ways / neither from the raspi to the iPhone, nor from the iPhone to the raspi. all i can hear is some background noise when i speak into the raspi microphone - but you cannot understand anything.

would be great if you could point me to the right direction.

my ./asoundrc looks like this:

`pcm.!default {
type asym
playback.pcm "hw:0,0"