Re: [Linphone-developers] privacy issue?

From: Anatoli
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] privacy issue?
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 06:56:25 -0300

Hi Sylvain,

Thanks for the clarification. I believe that not notifying
explicitly the user about this is not acceptable. The contacts list is the best fingerprint, more precise that even one's actual biometric fingerprint as there are no 2 persons with the same contacts list, so this is extremely sensitive information and must be treated as such.

I've seen your other reply in the "sip.linphone.org contacts" thread. What happens is that for those who don't user linphone.org service, there's no such option "Friendlist subscribe". I strongly believe that when linphone.org service is not configured, the contacts must not be sent anywhere. Also, it would be nice to disable the constant asking for number/account linking (https://github.com/BelledonneCommunications/linphone-iphone/issues/193).

For those who do use linphone.org service, I believe the "Friendlist subscribe" option should be turned off by default and when activating it there should be a warning saying that all contacts will be uploaded to the server, OK? Yes/No (or a same comment below the option).

Regards,
Anatoli