[Linphone-developers] Closed circuit POC

From: Glackmeyer, Anthony
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Closed circuit POC
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2020 16:44:08 +0000

OS: Using Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS

The repo version of Linphone (3.6) allows me to create point to point SIP addresses and make video calls between two devices directly. i.e.:

sip:person1@10.0.0.1:5060

sip:person2@10.0.0.2:5060

I have installed the flatpack version on both computers (and leaving the “native” deb install). I can make video calls from a deb 3.6 client on one machine to the flatpack client on another, with no problems. When I make a video call between two flatpack clients, the initiation, answer and hang-up work fine, however, the video only displays the local client – not the remote client. Person1 can call Person2 and Person2 can answer the video call request; however, Person1 and Person2 only see themselves in both windows in their flatpack client.

The only config difference I can see is in the native SIP address. To get this working in flatpack, I had to create proxy addresses for each client. The native address cannot be changed from 127.0.0.1, so I added proxy addresses matching the format above and made them active. Once doing this, call would go through, but video is as described above.

Any config ideas?