[Linphone-developers] Aktivate SRTP on linphone desktop ubuntu

From: Devhils19
Subject: [Linphone-developers] Aktivate SRTP on linphone desktop ubuntu
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2020 05:13:21 -0700 (MST)

Hello, I am new to using Linphone. Here I want to use the *SRTP media
encryption* feature in *linphone console on Ubuntu*. I know that activating
the feature is done through the *linphonerc configuration file*, but I am
having trouble finding good documentation about activating the SRTP feature
in the linphonerc file. Does anyone know or can provide complete
documentation on activating the SRTP feature on desktop linphone?

Does the use of SRTP require TLS activation in a linphone? I know that TLS
functions to secure signaling traffic so sending encryption keys will be
safer. But if I send via another mechanism, is this still necessary? For
example, in the Zoiper application on android, the use of SRTP is required
to activate TLS. When choosing SRTP encryption media, TLS will be activated
automatically. I didn't find this in linphone, SRTP activation does not
require TLS.  So is it true that SRTP is required to activate TLS on
linphone?

Best Regards,
Hilman

--