Re: [Linphone-developers] Problem with camera on Android with Samsung ta

From: Michael Goffioul
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Problem with camera on Android with Samsung tablets
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2020 10:17:58 -0400

Well, this probably explains it:

04-17 10:02:00.460  4201  4201 I LinphonePhoneService: [Camera2 Capture] libmsandroidcamera2 plugin loaded
04-17 10:02:00.461  4201  4201 I LinphonePhoneService: [Camera2 Capture] Detecting cameras
04-17 10:02:00.466  4201  4201 W LinphonePhoneService: [Camera2 Capture] No camera detected !

And indeed 'dumpsys media.camera' only reports legacy cameras.

This is a Samsung TabA 2018 (WiFi) running Android-8.1, so it's not really old hardware or outdated yet.