Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone 4.2 beta is on the way

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Linphone 4.2 beta is on the way
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2020 01:59:29 -0300

Hi Julien,

Thank you for your answer.

> The user data of the application is in the folder
> ~/.local/share/linphone

I was not aware of that thanks. Fwiw though, this user data
directory is not the one used by flatpak versions of linphone, and I
think that this is a problem other users will face (on linux at least). The
flatpak user data location is:

        ~/.var/app/com.belledonnecommunications.linphone/data/linphone

        and the linphonerc file is here:

        ~/.var/app/com.belledonnecommunications.linphone/config/linphone

Since these locations are not automatically searched by (any of) the snapshot I
tried, and since you may have other users 'out there' that like me, once
used a (old) distro version of linphone, then moved to flatpak, and now move to
'Appimages', it would be good, imo, to a search 'upon launch' all
possible locations linphone has used in the past and present, detect
multiple presence of these files and offer the user to pick the right
ones, clean the others ... my 2c

> The main db files are call-history.db, friends.db, linphone.db,
> message-history.db. In .config/linphone, there are only 2 files :
> linphonerc and linphone.conf

Ok, now I moved those in appropriate locations

> Linphone 4.2 should read your old configuration. If not, you have to
> check your logs.

Then it properly reads the friends.db file, so I can see all my
contacts, but for some reason, from the message-history.db, it only
displays the message history for one contact, no idea why that is - not
a big deal but I thought I'd mention this 'fact' to you, since it may
really bother other users 'out there' ...

Thanks again,
David