[Linphone-developers] linphone-deamon fails to determine local IP when n

From: Davis Roman
Subject: [Linphone-developers] linphone-deamon fails to determine local IP when no default gateway is present
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 20:03:17 -0400

Hello,

We're working on an embedded device with a linphone server that acts as a wifi access point  and we have other devices that connect to the wifi access point and connect the linphone server.

When the access point with the linphone server doesn't have a default gateway, the clients are told to connect back to 127.0.0.1 instead of the actual ip address of the access point.

This is problematic because the clients should still be able to communicate with the linphone server even if the access point doesn't have a default gateway.

Back in 2007, this exact issue was raised: https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/linphone-developers/2007-12/msg00025.html

and a patch was generated(https://github.com/Distrotech/libeXosip2/commit/55cf9dcc23a1d5e82d7ecec5742a24b05b3f9cdd) for libeXosip2.

Currently, we're using linphone 3.11.1 and it uses belle-sip(git_1ff6f71692ad204180f380158e8036b86e13190d-r0.0) instead of libeXosip2.
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a corresponding patch for belle-sip.

Any suggestions as far as how migrate this patch or how to fix this issue on linphone/belle-sip would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Davis