Re: [Linphone-developers] Set Master Key for SRTP in linphone

From: Mark Murawski
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Set Master Key for SRTP in linphone
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 23:17:09 -0400

Hi,

Here is specific information about how SRTP operates:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3711

See this section on Key Derivation:

On 2020-05-31 00:23, Devhils19 wrote:
Hello,
I have succeeded in activating the SRTP feature on the linphone console.
Communication has been running and encrypted the data payload so that audio
can not be snipped. In this scenario, there is something I want to ask about
the key used in the encryption mechanism. I don't provide a master key but
the communication can be encrypted. How can this happen ? Is the key
generated automatically by the linphone? Can we use the master key that we
define ourselves?

Best Regards.

--
Sent from: http://nongnu.13855.n7.nabble.com/linphone-developers-f38648.html