Re: [Linphone-developers] Uninstalling Linphone on Android seems to remo

From: Sylvain Berfini
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] Uninstalling Linphone on Android seems to remove all Contacts - what does initializeSyncAccount do?
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2020 10:00:16 +0200

Hi Dave,

Indeed Linphone Android app has 2 modes regarding the contacts: use it's own "storage" or the OS default one.

Using linphone's account we can do a little more things regarding SIP addresses that when using the default one, that's why it's the default mode. The downside is indeed that changes (and contacts created by the app) are removed when the app is uninstalled (because it's account is removed too, and so far I haven't found a way to make them stay). When you comment out the initializeSyncAccount method, it fallbacks in the default mode, hence the storage working properly.

Cheers,

Sylvain Berfini
Software Engineer @ Belledonne Communications