[Linphone-developers] *complete* beginners question

From: Alan
Subject: [Linphone-developers] *complete* beginners question
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2020 13:17:12 -0400

Hello everyone,

I am a complete newbie to the linphone world (and development as well).  I was hoping someone could assist me, and I apologize in advance for wasting anyone's time.

I jumped into a new job role and, while they're getting things "ready" for me I was basically told "hey we need to develop things against linphone -- see if you can make that be a thing".  As a somewhat relevant detail, I am not a developer.  I am passingly familiar with visual studio, vs code, some scripting languages, and that's about it.

I was hoping that someone may have a step by step guide on how to stand up visual studio, install the linphone sdk, and where I can get some "getting started" information just even in terms of "here's how to make a call in c#".  From my reading, it seems linphonesdk has "wrappers" for c# and python?  Either language is fine (python preferred, but not mandatory by any stretch).

Basically I just want to be able to tell my boss "hey here's a script that makes a call from one softphone to another, what else do you want me to do?"

I have a pbx and two softphones setup, so the "infrastructure" is there, so to speak.  I just need help getting started with linphone.

Any assistance is appreciated -- and again, I apologize for being completely new and not knowing what I'm doing.

Thanks so much.