Re: [Linphone-developers] about apply linphone open source and closed so

From: julien.fb
Subject: Re: [Linphone-developers] about apply linphone open source and closed source.
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2022 10:24:22 +0100

Hi,

You will find below general information about our licensing model:

Linphone, Liblinphone SDK and Flexisip are dual-licensed and can be distributed under open source licenses (GPLv3 for Linphone/Liblinphone and Affero GPL for Flexisip), or proprietary licenses (closed source).

When you decide to distribute a GPLv3 software, with or without alteration, modifications, extensions or integration with third parties, then you need to make available the entire source code of your product integrating this software to the customer or end users that receive this product.

To learn more about Linphone open source please review the license conditions provided in the following link to make sure you don't miss anything: https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html

Affero GPLv3 requires the operator of a network service to make available the entire source code of the server software providing the service to customers or end-users of this service.

To learn more about Affero GPLv3, see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/agpl-3.0.en.html

For closed source applications, we provide proprietary licenses. After purchase, you can keep the sources completely closed and proprietary.

Best regards,

Julien Favre-Bulle
Business Developer

+33 (0)9 52 63 65 05
julien.fb@belledonne-communications.com

Discover our solutions in 3 minutes!

Belledonne Communications, the company behind the Linphone project

https://www.linphone.org