linphone-users

[Linphone-users] Pop-up on incoming call

From: Alex Railean
Subject: [Linphone-users] Pop-up on incoming call
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 17:03:01 +0300

Hi everyone,

I am looking for a lightweight SIP client for Windows and I gave
Linphone a shot.

It works well and I like it. Unlike many alternatives, Linphone is
modest in resource consumption - which is what I'm looking for.

There is one thing in its behaviour that I find inconvenient and I
cannot find a way to change it. When there is an incoming phonecall, a
window pops up and takes focus.

It would be much better if Linphone showed a balloon tooltip in the
notification area. Instead, it steals focus and my keystrokes go into
Linphone's window.

I can accidentally hang up or answer the call; besides that - my
workflow is being disrupted, so the user experience is not very
smooth.

I can set my status to "Busy" - and if so, I am not disrupted, but I
am not notified about it either. Therefore the problem remains
unsolved.

Is there a way to change this?

Alex