linphone-users

Re: [Linphone-users] Minimum phone number length in "Link your account"

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Minimum phone number length in "Link your account"
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 09:53:46 -0400

Lupe Christoph <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I just installed Linphone on my Android phone. Nice App, I must say.
>
> BUT! I almost immediately ran into my first bug. The "Link your account"
> assistant requires a minimum phone number of 10 digits. I still have
> numbers that are only eight digits long, four digits area code and four
> digits extension. This looks like an "outguessing the user" bug...

I think it's looking for a global phone number, including country code.
It sounds like you are doing something else.

> I have found no bug tracker, so I'll hope that somebody can pick this up
> from the -users mailing list.

You also found the bug that "link your account" doesn't really clearly
explain what it is doing, and that it is or at least used to be somewhat
hard to say "no, I don't want to do this" and not get asked again :-)