linphone-users

Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone Desktop 4.1.1 - QT 5.9.0 no audio behind F

From: ael
Subject: Re: [Linphone-users] Linphone Desktop 4.1.1 - QT 5.9.0 no audio behind Fritz.Box router
Date: Thu, 21 May 2020 22:11:57 +0100

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 03:54:57PM +0200, Samuel Suther wrote:
> I have trouble to get linphone to work behind fritz.box router.
>
> FritzBox Cable 6591
> SIP-Provider: easybell (Trunk)
> Setup phone-Number in Fritz.Box, and setup Linphone to use this

I have a Fritz.Box 7530 which is working with linphone (and also a
DECT 'phone configured for the same sip registrar).

I don't understand "setup Linphone to use this": shouldn't you be setup
to use the sip server? But maybe your Fritz box has an internal sip
server? I am a bit rusty on all of this, but if no one else can help I
will try and refresh my memory.

> If I open Fritz.Box setting and set Fritz.Box-Portforwarding this way,
I don't think you need to use port forwarding if you use STUN.
That's a setting under Preferences->Network settings in Linphone.

I have the SIP/UDP port set to 5080 which I think I choose because I
have another sip device using 5060, but my memory may be wrong.
Audio RTP/UDP = 7078 and Video RTP/UDO = 9078 which I think were
defaults

> that the IP of my PC where my Linphone runs is directly connected to the
> internet, I got sound.

That would perhaps be because you needed STUN when the firewall was
active.

> So theĀ  question is, which port has to be forwarded to make Linphone
> work with audio... and why does there be needed an port-forwarding, if
> at least Linphone connect to the Fritz.Box internal Sip, instead
> directly to easybell.

I think that answer is that you don't (need any port forwarding). I
didn't think the Fritz box has a sip registrar. I don't know about
easybell, but if you have the easybell account set up in Linphone
under Preferences->Manage SIP Accounts, and you have a stun server
set up, then I think it should all work.

ael