liquidwar-user

Re: [liquidwar-user] User levels

From: Christian Mauduit
Subject: Re: [liquidwar-user] User levels
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 19:56:54 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 15, 2002 at 07:46:52PM +0200, Jan Gretschuskin wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm new to the list. And at first I want to know how to include a Map into
> the game. I
> created my map the way how it is told, but the game does not include the map.
> What do
> I do wrong?
Nothing I guess, but recent releases of Liquid War have serious problems
handling user maps 8-(
I'm currently working on this bug, and I may have an idea about what's
going wrong. I assume you are using some Microsoft OS (Windows or DOS)
since this bug has already been reported on these platforms, but not on
UNIX.
Could you please try to check the attributes of the .bmp files in the
"CUSTOM\MAP\" directory. If they are flagged as "Archive" please uncheck
this flag so that they are not "archives" any more. A right-click ->
properties in Explorer should give you the correct menu. I have good
reasons to believe that LW 5.5.0 is unable to open files flagged as
"archives". This is 100% dumb and should be fixed in 5.5.1.

Hope this will solve the problem.

Have a nice day.

Christian.

--