lmi

Re: [lmi] Enumerating radiobuttons in a radiobox

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Enumerating radiobuttons in a radiobox
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 02:41:41 +0100

On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 18:08:44 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Vadim--For automated GUI unit testing, it would be handy to have
GC>   bool wxRadioBox::IsEnabled(int n); // enablement state of nth radiobutton
GC> in order to verify that a button is enabled exactly when it should be.

 Yes, definitely. I am going to look into adding it (shouldn't take very
long hopefully) unless you object.

GC> It looks like it's possible to get the enablement state indirectly with
GC> wx-2.6.2, by calling
GC>   virtual bool wxRadioBox::Enable(int n, bool enable = true);
GC> and checking the return value.

 This seems like a pretty roundabout and error-prone way of doing it.

GC> But for the moment I'm still using wx-2.5.4,
GC> which has only
GC>   virtual void wxRadioBox::Enable(int n, bool enable = true);
GC> with no return value. Is there a reasonable workaround for wx-2.5.4?

 I'm afraid not. Of course, IsEnabled() is only going to be in 2.7 (it can
only be added as non virtual to 2.6) so it wouldn't solve your problem with
2.5.4 neither. Which brings us to a problem of using the latest wx HEAD
once again... I really think it becomes urgent to do something about it as
I see a few wxGrid bugs affecting MultiDimGrid which also would have to be
fixed in HEAD.

 Regards,
VZ