lmi

Re: [lmi] installing libxml2 with MSYS's bash

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] installing libxml2 with MSYS's bash
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 00:21:52 +0100

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 11:19:00 -0500 "Boutin, Wendy" <address@hidden> wrote:

BW> I am looking into using xmllint from libxml2-2.6.19 and
BW> would like to know if you have any insight with respect
BW> to the problem I have when doing 'make install'.

 As promised, here is the promised second reply but unfortunately I really
can't say anything useful because we totally failed to reproduce the
problem here. We tried it on 2 different machines (albeit with the same
mingw installations) and "make install" just worked on both of them.

BW> > The problem I had with that was:
BW> >
BW> >   address@hidden /tmp/libxml2-2.6.19
BW> >   $ make install
BW> >      [...]
BW> >   test -z "/usr/local/bin" || mkdir -p -- "/usr/local/bin"
BW> >     /bin/sh ./libtool --mode=install /bin/install -c 'xmllint.exe'
'/usr/local/bin
BW> >   /xmllint.exe'
BW> >   /bin/install -c .libs/xmllint.exe /usr/local/bin/xmllint.exe
BW> >   /bin/install: cannot stat `.libs/xmllint.exe': No such file or directory
BW> >   make[2]: *** [install-binPROGRAMS] Error 1

 This error message looks very strange if the file is there. What does "ls
-l /.libs/xmllint.exe" show?

 Regards,
VZ