lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] Alien msvc rtl dll messing with the fpu?

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] Alien msvc rtl dll messing with the fpu?
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 13:06:27 +0100

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 04:49:04 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2006-2-9 2:47 UTC, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> > On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 00:08:56 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
GC> >
GC> >  Then the next best thing would be to hook LoadLibraryW() and create a log
GC> > of all dynamically loaded DLLs probably. I really don't think you can
GC> > arrive at solution by preloading all Windows DLLs.
GC>
GC> Why do you think that preloading all msw system dlls wouldn't work?

 I think that it's a bad idea even if it did work. There are hundreds of
DLLs there.

GC> Do you suspect that some dll outside the main msw system directories
GC> is causing the reported problem?

 This is perfectly possible. For example, ActiveX controls can be located
anywhere in the system (their location is taken from the registry) and are
always loaded dynamically. There are other DLLs which can be outside the
system directory too.

 Regards,
VZ