lmi

[lmi] Re: FW: LMI Help Proposal

From: Ericksberg, Richard
Subject: [lmi] Re: FW: LMI Help Proposal
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 07:54:46 -0400

On 2006-5-18 14:56 UTC, Greg Chicares wrote:

> What should right-clicking a text control do? Look at
> some ms apps and you'll see why I ask this in the
> "What's This?" context.

3 distinct MS Behaviors found:

  Word, Excel and PowerPoint
    Do nothing.

  Publisher, Outlook, InfoPath (and interestingly LMI also)
    Give the pop-up with:
      Undo
      Cut
      Copy
      Paste
      Select All

  Access
    Gives the "What's This?" pop-up and provides the yellow-box Help.

Best solution would be to add "What's This?" as another entry at the
end of the Undo et al pop-up.

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary,
privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to
whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person
other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's designees is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or their designee,
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies.