lmi

Re: [lmi] calculation summary GUI

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] calculation summary GUI
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 20:27:40 +0000

On 2006-11-8 19:54 UTC, Boutin, Wendy wrote:
> Evgeniy Tarassov wrote:
>> 2) recalculating the "calculation summary" html output (the window
>> with the summary data in it) automatically when user changes
>> "calculation summary column selection" (File->Properties)?

The numbers won't change, and don't need to be recalculated.
It's sufficient to regenerate the html. IOW, I think the
'ledger_values_' member doesn't need to be updated, and I
guess 'ledger_formatter_' doesn't need updating either.

> The second one: 2). After discussing this with Rick, who's
> discussed it with Greg too, I think there are a few details
> to consider. Notably, what to do if there are multiple
> calculation summaries open in the program.

Here's a naive, untested, off-the cuff idea, just to express what
I think is desired in something closer to solution-domain language.

Whenever you would already save the settings to file, do this too:

  for w in {all children of main frame window}
    if w's type is IllustrationView
      then w->DisplaySelectedValuesAsHtml()

That's brute force, but it doesn't seem too brutal. This comment
in 'view_ex.hpp':

// TODO ?? No provision is yet made here for updating views when
// document data changes; wx provides some functions for that.

suggests another way. But if handling wxView::OnUpdate seems like
too much work right now, then I think brute force would be okay.