lmi

RE: [lmi] Calculation summary: tidying up loose ends

From: Boutin, Wendy
Subject: RE: [lmi] Calculation summary: tidying up loose ends
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 14:55:52 -0500

Wendy Boutin wrote:
> Evgeniy Tarassov wrote:
> > On 11/7/06, Wendy Boutin <address@hidden> wrote:
> >> This is a list of loose ends that I think need tidying for our release;
[...]
> >> While we're discussing the 'Ctrl-Shift-R' output, I'd like to
> >> spike out a defect, I think. Try this:
> >>   'Alt F N C', then
> >>   'Ctrl-Shift-R', then
> >>   'Ctrl-C', then
> >>   open spreadsheet program and paste the clipboard
> >> I observe 'AttainedAge' data in Column 'B', which shouldn't be
> >> in the pasted values because it isn't a column in the on-screen
> >> calculation summary. 'AttainedAge' is certainly data that's on
> >> an individual calculation summary, but not a composite. We only
> >
> > In the original lmi code (before we start using xml/xslt) there was no
> > title for the first column for both single and composite calculation
> > summary. Is it the exact behaviour to replicate in the current code?
> > Or maybe something more logical like:
> > - calculation summary for an individual:
> >  for the first column put title "Age" in both HTML and TSV outputs
> > - calculation summary for a composite:
> >  the first column still present but has no title and has value range
> > [0-99] (both in HTML and TSV)
>
> Actually, let's not worry about this quite yet. I'll get back to
> you tomorrow if it requires immediate attention, but I don't think
> that's the case now.

What I think we really want to do here is to substitute 'Age' with
'PolicyYear' on individuals and composites, which should replace
the first column in the calculation summary. Replacing 'Age' will
help avoid any confusion if a user adds 'AttainedAge' to their
calculation summary; two different ages representing the same year
of data doesn't seem good when 'PolicyYear' seems so much better,
besides, 'Age' doesn't make much sense for a composite. Is that
do-able?

This e-mail transmission may contain information that is proprietary,
privileged and/or confidential and is intended exclusively for the person(s) to
whom it is addressed. Any use, copying, retention or disclosure by any person
other than the intended recipient or the intended recipient's designees is
strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or their designee,
please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete all copies.