lmi

Re: [lmi] Should xml files be installed to a separate directory?

From: Evgeniy Tarassov
Subject: Re: [lmi] Should xml files be installed to a separate directory?
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 15:54:23 +0100

On 11/11/06, Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
Now that we've got all these new xml files, I'm trying to
figure out whether it's really useful to install them (and
our older wxxrc and xslt files) to a separate directory,
like '/usr/share/sgml' or '/usr/share/xml'. IOW, we've got
  configurable_settings::xsl_directory()
for reading these files from a special location, and I'm
thinking of simplifying the code by deleting that. But I
don't want to delete it if it really is a better idea to
use a separate directory when installing under *nix.
(Does anyone really do that for wxxrc files anyway?)

We've been using '/opt/lmi/data' for wxxrc files anyway,
and I'm thinking of just putting all xml files there.

The only reason xsl_directory was added is to allow xml resources to
live in a separate directory than data files (*.xrc, *.xpm, etc),
which could be used to:
- use some sort of skins for lmi output
- keep xml resources with xsl-fo processor

So, as you have stated above, this is unnecessary and it only
complicates the code.