lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] Which getopt should we use?

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] Which getopt should we use?
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 00:32:09 +0200

On Mon, 07 May 2007 22:21:20 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> >  Would using wxCmdLineParser be acceptable? I'll be the first to admit
that
GC> > it's far from ideal but it's still way ahead of getopt IMHO.
GC>
GC> It's closer to my ideal than the others I've looked at. But it
GC> would create a dependency on wx, which I want to avoid for the
GC> command-line version of lmi.

 Notice that you would depend only on libwxbase, not the GUI wx libraries.
But I understand that you probably want to avoid even this.

GC> I looked at boost::program_options, too. It's twenty-eight files,
GC> and maybe it has to be that big given its ambitious scope, but
GC> it's much more than we need.

 Personally I don't like its API neither. I do like its (big) scope,
especially support for setting the options not only from the command line
is IMO indispensable. So if dependency on wx is unacceptable or you need
more than wxCmdLineParser provides then I'd still recommend using this
library.

 Regards,
VZ