lmi

Re: [lmi] axes editing controls

From: Vaclav Slavik
Subject: Re: [lmi] axes editing controls
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 19:25:40 +0100

Hi,

Greg Chicares wrote:
> Perhaps Vadim still has a copy of our legacy product editor that
> he could share with you.

Yes, he found an old copy and sent it to me.

> An exception might be the control used to specify the upper bound
> for "Duration". That's different in kind from the axes themselves
> and could therefore be a spincontrol.

This control is actually the more complicated case, so simplifying it
to single type would be useful too. What I'm aiming for is not
necessarily using single (C++) type for all axes here, but single
base type more specific than wxWindow, so that we can manipulate the
control without dynamic_cast<>:

   wxChoice
      +-- AxisAdjustControl (with LMI-specific methods)
           +-- DurationAdjustControl
           +...

Or, if all possible kinds of axis adjustability are same as for
Duration (or only Duration can be adjusted), then simply

   wxChoice
      +-- UpperBoundControl (with LMI-specific methods)

This is clearly not possible if it makes sense to have both spinctrl-
and choice-based adjustability of axes (of upper bound or some other
parameter) -- does it?

If it doesn't, then I think the above is the simplest way of avoiding
dynamic_cast<>s; if it does, then something similar -- albeit more
complicated -- is still doable using composite controls
(AxisAdjustControl would be a wxPanel and derived classes would add
different children to it).

Thanks,
Vaclav

--