lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] a less trivial patch: don't use deprecated MakeDefaultName(

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] a less trivial patch: don't use deprecated MakeDefaultName() + refactoring
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 21:14:57 +0200

On Mon, 26 May 2008 13:22:21 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> It seems to create an anomaly. Try the commands here:
GC>   https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?104485
GC> with and without this patch. See also:
GC>   http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lmi/2008-03/msg00038.html

 Hello again,

 I'm really sorry for failing to understand how this worked, I didn't
realize that this "phony" behaviour was implemented both at wxDocument and
wxView levels. After realizing this I can clearly see that my patch did
indeed completely break it, sorry again.

 Unfortunately this means that there is no really simple way to change this
to work without using this LMI_WX_CHILD_DOCUMENT flag as wxDocument has no
way to pass the "is phony" information to the view directly. The only way
to do it that I can see is to switch the document template (which is used
for the new views creation) in IllustrationDocument::OnCreate() temporarily
if LMI_WX_CHILD_DOCUMENT is specified to some ChildDocumentTemplate which
would create child views instead of the normal ones.

 This doesn't look very elegant but I see no other solution. It also would
take (much) more time to implement than what I thought initially so I'd
like to ask if you still think it's worth doing this or if we should
finally better leave the current code using LMI_WX_CHILD_DOCUMENT alone?

 Thanks,
VZ