lmi

[lmi] Enablement of certain inforce controls

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: [lmi] Enablement of certain inforce controls
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 03:13:14 +0000

On 20080618T0146Z I changed the enablement of certain inforce
controls. 'PolicyDate' and 'LastMaterialChangeDate' are disabled
unconditionally: they have no effect on illustrations AFAICT.
They are dangerous because a user might fill in, e.g., the right
material change date, and imagine that the system will use it,
when in fact the date field is ignored and the contract-year and
contract-month fields are what must be filled in. That field can
be reenabled later on when we actually use it, so I left it in
the input skins; I'm not sure policy date is actually useful, but
it might be demanded someday regardless.

Inforce account values and loan amounts are conditionally enabled
now--not unconditionally as before. For instance, preferred-loan
fields are disabled for a product that offers no preferred loans.

I left some other controls unconditionally enabled because their
enablement conditions would be rather complex: e.g., cumulative
payments must be given if a no-lapse guarantee that needs that
field is active, or if the ROP death benefit option is chosen.
Ideally, of course, all inforce fields would be populated by a
link to an admin system, and none of this would matter.