lmi

Re: [lmi] wxHTML table header alignment

From: Vaclav Slavik
Subject: Re: [lmi] wxHTML table header alignment
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 17:24:44 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 02:36 +0000, Greg Chicares wrote:
> In the columns that aren't bottom aligned, there's an extra space at the
> end of each "row" except the last, which I've indicated with '.' above.
> That extra space isn't a big problem; I mention it in case it helps to
> explain why those headers aren't bottom aligned.

If you use border="1", you can see that it's in fact the other way
around: the extra space is always there (it's part of the preceding
word, IIRC), except for the last word of the incorrectly aligned cells.
And it certainly helps to know this, thanks for noticing!

> I'd like these column headers to be bottom-aligned, regardless of the
> width of the html window they're displayed in. Is there a way to achieve
> that by writing this html code differently?

I don't think so, this very much looks like something is broken deep in
the layout code. If there's some hack around this, I won't know until I
find out what exactly the bug is (I'm looking into it, but didn't find
the cause yet).

Regards,
Vaclav