lmi

Re: [lmi] patch to fix asserts for invalid growable column/row indices w

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] patch to fix asserts for invalid growable column/row indices with latest wx svn
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 14:09:57 +0000

On 2009-02-25 21:56Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:

>  Could you please apply the patch below to skin.xrc to fix many asserts
> about invalid growable columns/rows indices use in wx(Flex)GridSizer? This

Applied 20090301T1400Z.

> really complicates the debugging and, besides, even if these invalid
> indices are mostly harmless, it still seems wrong to use them. I did my
> best to ensure that the patch doesn't change anything and only removes the
> invalid indices.

We have five other skins as well. Is there an automatic way to
detect problems of this nature--like a WXXRC 'lint'?

>  BTW, is there any reason (other than uniformity?) to use so many trivial
> wxFlexGridSizers when a simple wxBoxSizer would do?

Uniformity is the reason. If I used wxBoxSizer today wherever it
would do, then tomorrow I might need wxFlexGridSizer instead; so
changing any sizer to the less-capable type could be a premature
optimization, with little benefit anyway AFAIK.