lmi

[lmi] Switch lmi to wx-2.8.10 now?

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: [lmi] Switch lmi to wx-2.8.10 now?
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 00:55:54 +0000

Is there any reason why we shouldn't consider upgrading to the
2009-03-17 wx-2.8.10 release for distribution of lmi to end
users now?

Is 2.8.10 really the same as svn trunk, excluding ABI-changing
code conditional on 2.9? If so, then it's probably quite similar
to the 2009-03-12 snapshot we've been testing, and upgrading now
would secure significant advantages immediately.

OTOH, if 2.8.10 is just a final version of a separate branch
that's soon to be replaced by 2.9, then there might be little
point in our testing it. To put the question in a different way:
if we find and report an issue with 2.8.10, is that helpful for
ongoing development of 2.9, or would it be like proposing patches
for gcc-3.0?