lmi

Re: Re[4]: [lmi] Wrong wxFlexGridSizer usage in about_dialog.cpp

From: Vaclav Slavik
Subject: Re: Re[4]: [lmi] Wrong wxFlexGridSizer usage in about_dialog.cpp
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 07:31:17 +0100

On Wed, 2010-01-20 at 22:25 +0100, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> VS> I'm not sure how to reliably (i.e. wxSystemSettings is not enough)
> VS> determine scrollbar's size without actually creating or showing it -- is
> VS> it even possible in wx?
>
>  Why isn't wxSystemSettings enough?

Because gtkrc lets GTK+ apps customize things like this per-widget. That
may be why wxGTK doesn't even _try_ and just returns the value of 15.
Now, this can be fixed under the assumption that all scrollbars will be
the same in an app, but it wouldn't be 100% correct. That's probably OK,
though.

> If not, the only way I see is to compare GetClientSize() with and without
> scrollbars for some dummy window (and cache the result).

Same problem: dummy window is not necessarily the real thing.

Regards,,
Vaclav