lmi

Re: [lmi] Terse list of valuable projects

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Terse list of valuable projects
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 16:18:10 +0000

On 2010-03-16 15:07Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:01:56 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> GC> > Configurable group roster showing input and values
> GC> >   http://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?105595
> GC>
> GC> This is toward the top of end users' wish lists. It's a census-manager
> GC> function, so it's related to "Revamp census manager" below.
>
>  Do I understand correctly that this means just printing out the grid as it
> appears on the screen?

No, because of the "values"
> GC> > Configurable group roster showing input and values
                                                    ^^^^^^
by which I (unclearly) mean calculated results (as elaborated a
moment ago in another thread).

OTOH, printing out the grid as it appears on the screen would be
a natural alternative to blank output here:
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?104490
  Census Print preview results in blank output

> GC> > Revamp census manager
> GC> >   direct drill-down editing in a grid control
> GC> >     https://savannah.nongnu.org/support/?105977
[...]
>  It shouldn't be particularly difficult to do this with wxGrid

I think it might take months, because class CensusView is a complex
mess, and its complexity isn't as reducible as its messiness.

> but OTOH
> switching from wxListCtrl to wxDataViewCtrl

Where I say "grid control" above, I don't necessarily mean wxGrid
as opposed to wxDataViewCtrl, BTW; I know little about either.
I just mean an array of individually-editable cells.

> should be easier (but I didn't
> even look at the current code yet...). Anyhow, I guess it would make sense
> to discuss this item (even) more as it looks like the most important one
> from the users point of view so it'd make sense to start with it.

Agreed. I'll start a new thread for this.