lmi

Re: [lmi] access to mc_enum type information [patch 1/3]

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] access to mc_enum type information [patch 1/3]
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 12:54:23 +0000

On 2011-03-30 11:23Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2011 10:57:21 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> GC> Okay, probably I'll first work through some patches that don't require
> GC> new wx capabilities, or even work with a 2010 tarball briefly; but lmi
> GC> will definitely need to grab wx directly from its repository, soon.
>
>  Depending on how soon exactly does it happen 2.9.2 might be available by
> then. As usual, there will be at least one RC/test version before it and it
> would be great if LMI could be tested with it to ensure that it works with
> the official 2.9.2 release too.

The goal is a nychthemeral build, so that errors are found almost immediately,
when it's cheapest to correct them. Here, for instance, a defect was found
while the change that introduced it is still fresh in the developer's mind...

2011-03-29T0839Z
  cygwin-1.7.9-1 released
  http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2011-03/msg00811.html
2011-03-30T0406Z [within twenty hours]
  report: crash with 'int main(void) { sleep(1); return 0; }'
  http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2011-03/msg00827.html

...because the reporter runs a large suite of automated tests daily. BTW, lmi
builds correctly with that just-released Cygwin version:
  DLL version: 1.7.9
  "cygwin1.dll" v0.0 ts=2011/3/29 9:10
and all required packages updated to 20110330T1343Z.

> I may forward here (or to you directly) the
> announcement of 2.9.2 RC if this can be useful.

It will be useful, and sending wx release announcements here is always fine.