lmi

Re: [lmi] switch census view to use wxDataViewCtrl

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] switch census view to use wxDataViewCtrl
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2011 17:53:52 +0200

On Tue, 02 Aug 2011 15:21:47 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> A desirable (IMO) feature of the old wxListCtrl was that at least one row
GC> was always "selected".

 I believe the standard behaviour is to always have a selected item in a
single-selection control while allowing absence of selection in the multi-
selection ones (and using just the focused, or current, item to indicate
the item that keyboard commands would apply to). I am not sure if there is
a significant enough advantage in going against this standard UI convention
in LMI case, is there?

 Notice that the above doesn't mean that we shouldn't preselect the first
item after opening or creating a new document. But this is not the same as
forbidding having no selection at any moment. Do we really need the latter
in LMI?

 Thanks,
VZ