lmi

Re: [lmi] Empty xml child text nodes [Was: product editor patch]

From: Václav Slavík
Subject: Re: [lmi] Empty xml child text nodes [Was: product editor patch]
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 15:23:49 +0100

Hi,

On 24 Feb 2012, at 14:22, Greg Chicares wrote:
> And then I rethought it. The real issue isn't that we add element
> nodes whose content is empty; it's that we create such nodes in
> the first place. So I'm thinking of applying the 'xmlwrapp' patch
> below, which I believe will do exactly what we want; can you see
> any reason why that would be a bad idea?

No, such behavior is desirable. It's not backward compatible (some
xmlwrapp-using code may rely on the fact that a child text node is always
created), but I think the incompatibility is extremely minor and will apply
this patch on xmlwrapp proper.

BTW, if you're looking into xmlwrapp-related things, it's probably worth
upgrading to 0.6.2. Or maybe this would be a good time for me to release 0.7.0
(with your patch included) so that you can use unpatched xmlwrapp once again?

Here are xmlwrapp changes since 0.6.0 for reference:
https://github.com/vslavik/xmlwrapp/blob/master/NEWS

Regards,
Vaclav