lmi

Re: [lmi] Building lmi with pre-wx-2.9.5 snapshot

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Building lmi with pre-wx-2.9.5 snapshot
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 12:41:08 +0000

On 2013-07-12 00:53Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Jul 2013 00:37:36 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> GC> Can you suggest a simple non-GUI test I could run now to prove
> GC> that variadic macros actually work the way you expect with
> GC> gcc-3.4.5? I grepped for 'vari' in the 'configure' output, but
> GC> didn't find a feature test there.
>
>  There is a unit test for this in tests/controls/dialogtest.cpp, which is
> compiled as part of the unit test suite. Building it is normally quite
> straightforward but you do need to have CppUnit headers and libraries
> available. If/once you have them, simply run make in the "tests"
> subdirectory of the wxWidgets build directory and then run "./test" and
> "./test_gui" programs created by it. And if you don't want to run the
> entire test suite (it takes some time) and want to just confirm that this
> functionality works, you can simply do "./test_gui ModalDialogs".

I don't have CppUnit, and can't make time to look into it right now.
I was hoping there might be a simple, self-contained feature test for
variadic macros, just so we could verify that they work before we
undertake GUI testing that will require them. If you can't easily
test that either, then I think we can rely on the gcc-3.4.x
documentation, which has a whole page about them:
  http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-3.4.6/cpp/Variadic-Macros.html