lmi

Re: [lmi] wx-3.1.0 regressions

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] wx-3.1.0 regressions
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 00:18:25 +0200

On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 19:13:24 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> Regressive new behavior:

 Thanks for reporting this! r78054 (e897361 in git) of wxWidgets should fix
these problems.

 It's safe to skip the rest of this message which just contains some extra
information about the fixes.

GC> The two buttons cited by name above appear as uniformly dark-gray
GC> rectangles (surrounded by a light gray border).

 This one is especially annoying as it was only just introduced at
2014-10-19 by http://trac.wxwidgets.org/changeset/78040 which I've reverted
now. It will hopefully be reapplied later after the real problem resulting
in this bug is fixed (because I don't think the commit itself is wrong, I
have a feeling it just uncovered another problem somewhere else), but I'll
be careful to test LMI toolbar icons before committing it the next time.

 BTW, bitmaps with masks should, of course, continue to work, but there is
really no reason to not use alpha transparency in PNG bitmaps nowadays. And
this would result in much nicer disabled images than even the "graceful"
versions right now.

GC> * As for clicking windows above to activate one, then the other...here's
GC> another regression--set up the test as above, up to the '*', then
GC>   Window | Next
GC>   Window | Next
GC> This used to work as expected. With wx trunk, however, "Next" and "Previous"
GC> are disabled on the "Window" menu when the "Illustration" window is on top.

 This was a rather embarrassing bug, especially for someone who explained
so many times in his life how important it was to Skip() the events unless
they are not meant to be processed by anybody else, as it was just due to
missing calls to event.Skip() in wxFrame menu event handling methods, which
prevented Skeleton::UponMenuOpen() from being ever called.

 In addition, while testing this, I noticed that using Ctrl-TAB to switch
between MDI windows didn't work neither when the focus was in the census
window and that this key combination was handled like a plain TAB instead.
This is fixed too now.

 Thanks again for the (precise as always) bug report and my traditional
excuses for not noticing these bugs myself,
VZ