lmi

Re: [lmi] Patches to run the tests with, or without, any password

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Patches to run the tests with, or without, any password
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 13:54:23 +0100

On Tue, 28 Oct 2014 12:21:24 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2014-10-25 23:53Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> > On Mon, 20 Oct 2014 14:12:28 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
GC> >
GC> > GC> I think it's important to be able to test with any password, or with
none,
GC> > GC> so that we can run 'wx_test' the same way end users run
'lmi_wx_shared'.

GC> >  I've finally implemented this, please see the attached patches.
GC>
GC> Committed.

 Thanks for merging this and my other patches so quickly!

GC> I worked around this:
GC>
GC> /lmi/src/lmi/wx_test_create_open.cpp: In function `void
do_test_create_open(wx_base_test_case&, int, const wxString&, bool)':
GC> /lmi/src/lmi/wx_test_create_open.cpp:55: error: no matching function for
call to `wx_base_test_case::skip_if_not_supported(const wxString&)'
GC> /lmi/src/lmi/wx_test_case.hpp:66: note: candidates are: void
wx_base_test_case::skip_if_not_supported(const char*)

GC> with a blunt tool; feel free to suggest another way.

 Sorry about this, I didn't test the very last change with MinGW :-( I
probably should have left skip_if_not_supported() taking std::string, as it
originally was instead of trying to micro-optimize it by avoiding the
construction of an unnecessary std::string object.

 In any case, the fix is certainly correct, thanks,
VZ